Saucony Virrata Preview: New Zero-Drop, Cushioned Running Shoe Coming Next Year
Posted on June 04 2012
The Running Warehouse blog just released some photos and details regarding a new zero-drop shoe coming in February 2013 from Saucony. The Saucony Virrata joins the Saucony Hattori as the second zero-drop shoe in the Saucony stable, and this one looks more like a traditional training shoe. In fact, it looks quite a lot like a zero drop version of the Saucony Kinvara, which makes me quite happy since the Kinvara is a personal favorite.
Here are the key details reported by Running Warehouse about the Virrata:
- zero drop, cushioned sole (18mm heel, 18mm forefoot)
- lightweight: 6.5 oz in men’s size 9
- very flexible due to horizontal flex grooves in the sole
- bootie-style construction of the upper
- Launch Date: February 2013
- MSRP: $90
For more information, view the Saucony Virrata preview post on the Running Warehouse blog.