This Week in Runblogging: August 18 to August 24 2014
Posted on August 24 2014
Last Thursday I posted a giveaway contest for a pair of Hoka Clifton running shoes – the contest runs through August 29 and the minimal requirement for entry is simply to leave a comment identifying your current favorite running shoe (there are a few additional ways to enter). I’ve put about 13 miles on my pair of Cliftons so far and they are an interesting shoe – super light, roomy, but a little softer than I usually like. Need to get more miles on them before rendering a final verdict.
Runblogger Posts From Last Week
August 21, 2014 – Enter to win a pair of Cliftons!
August 20, 2014 – Very cool little device, more in the recommended posts below.
August 19, 2014 – A bit too much outsole for my taste, but a super comfortable shoe for light hiking.
August 18, 2014 – Sometimes everything just clicks on a run.
Recommended Posts From Around the Web
1. I posted last week on the Kickstarter campaign for the runScribe device (which looks very cool!), Steve Magness has had the opportunity to play with one for a bit. Check out Steve’s runScribe post to get an idea of what the device can do for workout analysis or comparing biomechanics between footwear.
2. Another thoughtful post by Steve Magness titled “What’s Your Bias?”
3. Doug Hay writes a guest post on “How to Become an Ultramarathoner” on StrengthRunning.com.
4. Not a lot of shoe post recs this week, but Running Warehouse covers the New Balance Fresh Foam 980 Trail on their blog.
5. Cool article on the New York Times Well Blog on how dogs fuel for endurance running (skip the Gu!). Unfortunately my canine running partner has been out for most of the summer with a knee injury. He’s doing fine now and wants to run, but the prospect of an expensive knee surgery has me taking a very cautious approach!